Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Today I’m back at it with t-shirt reconstruction! Oh, how I love to play with old shirts! They can have so many uses. You could make it from a new one or a not so new one. This is one that my son outgrew. We got it when we went to see the Braves during the 2017 opening weekend at SunTrust Park in Atlanta. (Yes, I’m still missing baseball horribly) This craft is a great use for a shirt that you love but will just never wear. It would also be fun to take a plain shirt and embellish it with beads or ruffles! The measurements can vary, too, depending on personal preference. The options are practically endless. Come to think of it, I’m going to revisit the ruffle idea as soon as I finish this post. 😁
I used a sewing machine but this project can easily be hand sewn. All that is needed is a t-shirt, scissors, needle & thread or sewing machine. I took pictures of every step if you want to try it. If you do, please share your beautiful creations.
- My strips when sewn together were about 29″ long. On my next one I will add a few inches so it will hang a bit looser.
- T-shirt fabric is very stretchy, so when making holes for the drawstrings bigger IS NOT better. A tiny hole is all you need.
- You can use two shirts to make it stronger.
- Add pockets or other embellishments to further personalize it!
- This is a very forgiving project. Measurements, cuts, and seams do not have to be perfect. Just have fun with it.
I really hope you enjoyed this and that it was easy enough to understand. If so please like it and follow my blog.
Thanks so much for reading & stay safe!