Issababy Creates

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am a Christian mom, LPN, crafter, runner, creative soul. You can also visit my Issababy Creates store on Etsy.

Reupholstering a hope chest

I recently inherited a hope chest that belonged to my aunt and decided to pass it along to my daughter. We cleaned it up and found out it was in very good condition except for the dated fabric on the top. But a trip to Joann for some upholstery fabric, a drill, & a staple gun quickly fixed that.

BEFORE. 1970s fabric.
We opened her up and took the screws out to remove the top.
Top removed.
We placed the fabric so the design looked just right. Then we pulled it tight and began stapling. When we got to the corners we just tucked and folded like we were wrapping a present.
We marked the fabric on the underside so we would know where the previous holes were. Then we began screwing the top back on.
DONE!! We think this quick update turned out GREAT.
The back.
A Corner.

One comment on “Reupholstering a hope chest

  1. Arrow Fastener
    December 21, 2018

    Wow! We haven’t seen that staple gun out and about in a while. Thanks for using it for your project! #MadeWithArrow

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 139 other followers

Follow Issababy Creates on
%d bloggers like this: