Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
For the month of May I will be working on a 30 day writing challenge. What I hope to accomplish by doing this is achieving greater self-awareness, recalling things that I may have forgotten, digging deep into my thoughts (both present and past), and improving my writing. Will I succeed? I’ll find out on May 31st.
Day one focuses on 10 things that make me really happy:
- I’ll start with the obvious ones. My family makes me happy. Like everyone else, we are not perfect but we take care of each other and genuinely love each other.
- My friends. I have casual acquaintances that I like, but VERY few that I am really close with. There’snne, in particular, who I know will have my back no matter what and that means everything.
- Trees! I just love trees so much.
- I love to camp. It can be in a cabin, a camper, or a tent. I enjoy it all!
- Going right along with camping, I love the water. It soothes me. Whether on a pontoon, a fishing boat, or a kayak, just put me on the water and I will be happy.
- Crafting and reading makes me happy. Sewing, hand embroidery, machine embroidery, painting, crossstitch, paper crafting, and on & on & on.
- DIY around the house. I love the satisfaction of doing something myself. We build, roof, landscape. I’ve been known to remodel campers and paint them myself.
- Gardening is fun. Especially growing things from seed. It’s nice to watch them turn into something beautiful and/or edible.
- Going to church keeps me grounded and reminds me of the person I want to be.
- Being a nurse. I like the constant learning and it’s a nice feeling at the end of the day to know that you’ve made a difference in someone’s quality of life.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. Stay safe out there!NEW CATALOG DROPS Today! Shop new offers and products available at Lakeside