Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Yesterday was a busy day so I got a little lazy. Thus the combo of day 8 & 9 today. 😜 What are some things that you can buy with no added sugar?
- Produce: Apples, raspberries, peaches, blueberries, watermelon, sweet potatoes, zucchini, bananas, clementines, arugula, onion, avocado, cucumber, tomatoes
- Prepackaged items: Hummus, nuts, unsweetened almond milk
- Canned foods: Green beans, black beans, chickpeas,
- Look for peanut butter, spaghetti sauce, cereal, frozen pizza, popcorn, salad dressing, bread, soup, crackers, & greek yogurt with ‘no added sugar’ on the label.
- Drink seltzers, unsweetened tea, spring water, coffee without sugar.
To go sugar-free you have to be a diligent label reader. Sugar hides in the most surprising places such as:
- Pasta sauces
- Instant oatmeal
- Granola bars
- Energy drinks
- Packaged cereals
- Canned fruit
- Soft drinks
- Dried fruit
And don’t forget about all the many names for sugar:
- Agave nectar
- Fruit juice concentrate
- Cane juice
- High fructose corn syrup
- Rice syrup
Thanks for reading & stay safe! 😷