Welcome to another Saturday is for smoothies. (Ha Ha, so far there have only been two). I have been tweaking a new smoothie recipe this week and I am excited to share it for today’s Smoothie Saturday. I’ve dubbed it the “Kick Inflammations Butt” smoothie and this is honestly one of the best ones I have made in a while. I struggle with soreness and other inflammation issues from time to time so I wanted to create a recipe that was really packed with some anti-inflammatory ingredients. Both kale and turmeric can be overpowering tastes but they are relatively unnoticeable in this recipe. The other yummy ingredients are the flavor superstars of this drink. Here is a link to last week’s smoothie.
The Ingredients & Their Benefits
- Kale: Who hasn’t heard what a powerhouse leafy green kale is? It’s low in calories and it’s nutrients include Vitamins A, C, & K, along with calcium, magnesium, potassium, protein, and fiber. It’s antioxidants can help to reduce inflammation. Why would you not incorporate this in your diet?
- Pineapple: Low in fat and an excellent source of Vitamin C. It also contains bromelain which is an anti-inflammatory enzyme.
- Turmeric: Has a nice boost of iron and due to it’s main ingredient, curcumin, it’s touted as a potent inflammation fighter.
- Apples: Full of fiber and antioxidants
- Honey: (Raw) honey contains a variety of vitamins, minerals, & antioxidants
- Almond Milk: Contains calcium, magnesium, & Vitamin E (a powerful antioxidant)
- Chia Seeds: Protein
So on to the recipe:
Kick Inflammation’s Butt Smoothie
- 1 High speed blender
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Apple
- 1/4 cup Pineapple
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 cup Kale
- 1 Banana
- 3/ cup Almond milk
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth. Enjoy!
I hope that you enjoy this smoothie as much as I do. Feel free to leave a comment below. I’d love to hear from you and learn of any changes you did to make it your own. I can’t wait to see what I come up with for next Saturday.