Well, I find it funny that I’m sitting here thinking about overthinking 😊. But it surely is something that I could do less of.
- What should I wear today?
- Do these shoes look right with this outfit?
- Will anyone notice those gray hairs?
- Should I color my hair?
- Am I going to lose my hair? It’s not as thick as it was.
- It’s Saturday. Where am I going to take my mom today?
- I feel so guilty for wanting to spend a Saturday alone!
- What should we have for dinner? It needs to be healthy.
- Will I even feel like doing anything when I’m finally able to retire? If I make it that far?
- We should really get a smaller house. But I love this house.
- Am I a good mother? What could I do better?
- Why is it so hard to declutter? I want to be a minimalist.
I could go on & on and I’m not even kidding, people. Why do we do this to ourselves? We spend so much time overthinking and so little time enjoying.
But, in all honesty, I have gotten a lot better. I have started practicing mindfulness. I have quiet time at night where I reflect and write and I’m learning to redirect myself whenever I veer into the thought patterns listed above. I’ve also recently taken courses in yoga, crystals, and holistic therapies. So that’s all been helpful.
Thanks again to the WordPress daily prompt for making me stop and reflect again today. So, what could you do less of?