Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
The Standing Side Bend pose also begins with the Mountain Pose. This pose lengthens the body from your toes to fingers. This pose can stretch and strengthen the back, flank and oblique muscles. It can tone the waist and stomach. Side bends are also good for people who are new to the practice of yoga.
How to perform this pose:
- Stand with your ankles crossed. If you prefer, you can stand with your feet under your hips.
- Put your right arm up and grip your right wrist with your left hand.
- Easily pull your right hand to the left.
- Hold the position for six to eight breaths, breathing deeply.
- Uncross your legs. Repeat on other side.
Thanks for checking out my post. I hope that you are enjoying adding new yoga poses to your exercise routine daily. Stay safe out there. 😷
- 31 Days of Yoga – Triangle (Trikonasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Crescent Moon (Anjaneyasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Pigeon (Ardha Kapotasana)