Welcome to day 4 of our 31 days of yoga! I’m feeling pretty chill and I hope you are, too. Being able to take a few minutes to relax and deep breathe really helps to clear my mind. It also helps to control my anxieties.
Today’s pose is the Star pose and it is an active yoga pose that opens the chest to facilitate deep breathing. This is another pose that you can transition to from Mountain pose.
From Mountain pose, remain standing and spread your legs wide apart. Stretch your arms out evenly at your sides with your palms forward. This is another good pose for beginners.
Here are a few tips:
- Keep your shoulders relaxed.
- Push your chest out to open it up.
- Tuck your tailbone inward.
- Keep your body in alignment.
- Image your fingertips extending out as far as possible.
- Be careful not to lock your knees.
- Keep your gaze straight ahead and your breaths even and steady.
- The pose can be held 30 seconds up to 5 minutes. I recommend starting with 30 seconds and working up from there.
Benefits of the Star pose include:
- Your whole body is engaged
- Circulation and respirations are improved
- Back pain is reduced
- It opens up the chest
- The spine is aligned
- Legs are strengthened
Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Thanks for reading. Find other poses by typing “yoga” in the search bar below and stay safe! 😷
- The Beginning Blanket
- Is There Life Without Music?
- Do Unexpected Delays Stress You Out?
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 38