Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Happy Sunday friends! Day 9 of 31. Today’s pose is the standing half forward bend. This exercise primarily targets the abs. It can increase flexibility of the spinal cord. It can also strengthen muscles in your hips, calves, hamstrings, upper and lower back.
Begin in the mountain pose. Stand straight with your feet hips width apart. Inhale and raise your hands straight above your head. Exhale, keep your torso and arms straight. Bend forward at the waist and continue to bend forward until your torso and arms are parallel to the floor. Relax your head down between your arms. Hold pose for 15-30 seconds.
Benefits of Standing Half Forward Bend:
- beneficial for people having anxiety, depression and stress.
- Improves blood circulation
- Improves intuition and mental function
- Stretches calves and hamstrings
- Can lower high blood pressure
- Relieves menstrual cramps
- CFFC: Weathered, Burned or Burning Wood
- Book Review: The Power of Positive Thinking
- November 7th – Flower of the Day (FOTD) Challenge – Palm Tree
- My first Renaissance Faire
- November 5th – Flower of the Day (FOTD) Challenge – Mohave Pyracantha
- November 4th – Flower of the Day (FOTD) Challenge – Rose
- It’s National Cliche’ Day
- November 3rd – Flower of the Day (FOTD) Challenge – Crape Myrtle
- Fandango’s Provocative Question #188 – My Entry