Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Welcome to day 10! We’re one-third of the way through January. I’m enjoying learning new poses and getting back into doing the ones that I’m familiar with.
Today we’re learning the chair pose. This pose unites the strength of the legs, arms, and torso, lifting your core muscles and lengthening your spine. It looks simple but don’t think it’s as easy as sitting in a chair. It is a deep squat that works your back, legs, and ankles.
Again, we can start from mountain pose. Take a deep breath and raise your arms over your head. Palms facing each other. Exhale while bending your leg which are over your feet until you are in a position resembling sitting in the chair. Try to hold this position for 30 seconds. Work up to it if you need to. You will feel a burn. Exhale and raise back up to return to mountain pose.
Chair Pose Benefits:
- Improves balance
- Builds cardiovascular health
- Strengthens core and legs
- Tones nervous system
- Builds endurance
I hope you enjoyed today’s pose. Come back tomorrow for day 11.
- Book Review: The Ellie Dwyer Series by Diane Winger
- DIY Dog Toys
- Easy Cheese Tortellini Soup
- T-Shirt to Vest Transformation
- 31 Days of Yoga – Plough (Halasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Dolphin Plank (Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Extended Side Angle (Utthita Parsvakonasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Boat (Paripurna Navasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – One Legged Table (Bharmanasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Triangle (Trikonasana)