Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Welcome to day 15! I think we can say that we’re halfway there now. I hope that you are feeling some stress relief as well as physical benefits from all these stretches.
Today we will be learning the Child’s Pose. This is a beginner yoga pose that can be used as a resting pose during yoga practice before and after more advanced poses.
To perform: Rest on your knees with your bottom on your heels. Lean forward and rest your forehead on the floor. Lay your arms so they’re next to your legs with your palms facing upward (or you can place them straight out above your head, palms down). Slowly inhale and exhale for several breaths.
Benefits of Child’s Pose:
- Promotes relaxation
- Stretches back, hips, & ankles
- Increases blood circulation
- Activates digestion
- Relieves tension
Thanks for reading. You can click on the links below ⬇ to check out other poses in this series. Stay safe out there. 😷
- 31 Days of Yoga – Triangle (Trikonasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Crescent Moon (Anjaneyasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Pigeon (Ardha Kapotasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Bridge (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Four-Limbed Staff (Chaturanga Dandasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Side Plank – Vasisthasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Legs Up the Wall (Viparita Karani)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Plank (Phalakasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Seated Forward Bend (Paschimottanasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Extended Puppy (Uttana Shishosana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Lotus (Padmasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Child’s Pose (Balasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Cow (Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Cat (Marjaryasana)