Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Day 16 of 31. Today we are learning a cross-legged sitting meditation pose. This pose is named Lotus because the position resembles the flower by the same name. This pose is excellent for meditation because it allows you to remain focused for a long time. This can be a difficult pose that may need to be eased into.
To perform Lotus: Sit with legs stretched out in front of you with your spine straight. Bend your right knee and place it on your left thigh with the sole of the foot point upward and the heel close to the abdomen. Repeat on other side. Place your hands on your knees. Hold pose while slowly breathing in and out. Keep your back straight while looking ahead.
Benefits of Lotus pose:
- Stretches feet & ankles
- Opens hips
- DIY Dog Toys
- Easy Cheese Tortellini Soup
- T-Shirt to Vest Transformation
- 31 Days of Yoga – Plough (Halasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Dolphin Plank (Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Extended Side Angle (Utthita Parsvakonasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Boat (Paripurna Navasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – One Legged Table (Bharmanasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Triangle (Trikonasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Crescent Moon (Anjaneyasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Pigeon (Ardha Kapotasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Bridge (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Four-Limbed Staff (Chaturanga Dandasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Side Plank – Vasisthasana)
- 31 Days of Yoga – Legs Up the Wall (Viparita Karani)