Day 16 of 31. Today we are learning a cross-legged sitting meditation pose. This pose is named Lotus because the position resembles the flower by the same name. This pose is excellent for meditation because it allows you to remain focused for a long time. This can be a difficult pose that may need to be eased into.
To perform Lotus: Sit with legs stretched out in front of you with your spine straight. Bend your right knee and place it on your left thigh with the sole of the foot point upward and the heel close to the abdomen. Repeat on other side. Place your hands on your knees. Hold pose while slowly breathing in and out. Keep your back straight while looking ahead.
Benefits of Lotus pose:
- Stretches feet & ankles
- Opens hips
Find other poses by typing “yoga” in the search bar below.
Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- The World Of Nursing Is Always Changing
- Say “No” & Refuse To Feel Guilty About It
- Three Skills That I Would Like To Possess
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 14
- Anything But Winter
- A Tree Spirit!
- I Can Be A Lot Sometimes
- The Best Compliment Ever!
- The Shadowy Figure
- Oh Glorious Travel
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 13
- Pretty Confident…Most Of The Time
- Anxiety. Stop Trying To Control Me!
- I Need To Lose Myself In Something This Weekend
- I Never Get Tired Of These