Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Day 16 of 31. Today we are learning a cross-legged sitting meditation pose. This pose is named Lotus because the position resembles the flower by the same name. This pose is excellent for meditation because it allows you to remain focused for a long time. This can be a difficult pose that may need to be eased into.
To perform Lotus: Sit with legs stretched out in front of you with your spine straight. Bend your right knee and place it on your left thigh with the sole of the foot point upward and the heel close to the abdomen. Repeat on other side. Place your hands on your knees. Hold pose while slowly breathing in and out. Keep your back straight while looking ahead.
Benefits of Lotus pose:
- Stretches feet & ankles
- Opens hips
- CFFC: Weathered, Burned or Burning Wood
- Book Review: The Power of Positive Thinking
- November 7th – Flower of the Day (FOTD) Challenge – Palm Tree
- My first Renaissance Faire
- November 5th – Flower of the Day (FOTD) Challenge – Mohave Pyracantha
- November 4th – Flower of the Day (FOTD) Challenge – Rose
- It’s National Cliche’ Day
- November 3rd – Flower of the Day (FOTD) Challenge – Crape Myrtle
- Fandango’s Provocative Question #188 – My Entry
- November 2nd – Flower of the Day (FOTD) Challenge – Pink Azaleas
- Catching Animals Unaware Photo Challenge – My Entry 11/2/2022
- November 2nd – Deviled Eggs Day
- Ragtag Daily Prompt Tuesday: Replenish
- November 1st – Flower of the Day (FOTD) Challenge – Tiger Lilies
- Share Your World – Halloween 2022 Edition