Seated Forward Bend is a calming yoga pose that helps to relieve stress. This pose is often done once the body is already warm. It’s good to prepare the body for deeper poses.
To perform: Sit with your legs extended in front of you. Beginners can bend their knees during the pose. You can straighten your legs as flexibility improves. Inhale and reach your arms out and then up overhead, lengthening your spine. Exhale and bend forward. Hold on to your legs where comfortable. Without rounding your back, touch your belly and chest to your legs. Slowly inhale and exhale. Hold the pose up to one minute.
Benefits of Seated Forward Bend:
- Stress relief
- Improved digestion & appetite
- Menstrual pain relief
- A calm mind
- Reduced anxiety & fatigue
- Relief from insomnia
Find other poses by typing “yoga” in the search bar below.
Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- The Beginning Blanket
- Is There Life Without Music?
- Do Unexpected Delays Stress You Out?
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 38
- Lead Or Follow…Or Both?
- Wednesday Night
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 37
- A Favorite Vacation
- Walk, Read, Bathe
- The Trip That Makes Me Cringe To Think About
- Y’all, I Must Learn To Control My Tongue
- I Can And So Can You
- Go Big Orange!
- Grudges Aren’t Worth It
- End Of 2023 Goals
- September 2023 Goals
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 36