We made it to day 31!! Let’s end it with a fun challenge. Today’s plough pose is a full body stretch. It is a relaxing pose to perform before bed. The plough pose can be difficult and it takes time to perfect. But if you consistently practice it you will find your flexibility improving and you will get farther into the position. It definitely gets easier. Good luck!
To perform: Begin by lying on your back. You can place a pillow or folded blanket under your upper back of that is more comfortable. Take a deep breath. As you exhale, draw in your core pressing your back to the floor. Your arms should be flat beside you. Inhale and lift your legs up and over your head. Keep your chin up and place your hands on your back for support. Your hips should be over your shoulders. Stretch. The ultimate goal is to touch the floor with your toes but it may take practice to get to that point. Stay in this pose for a few seconds. Release your hands and slowly roll your body back down to the floor as you exhale.
Benefits of Plough Pose:
- Can release neck tension
- Reduces stress
- Stretches shoulders, spine, & hamstrings
- Reduces stress & fatigue
- Stimulates abdominal organs
31 yoga poses in 31 days. While there are many more, I felt that these were a good variety to focus on this month. Thanks for visiting. I hope you enjoyed learning some new poses that you can use in your wellness routine. The other 30 poses can be found by using the search bar at the bottom of the page. Take care!
Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- My 5 Things
- I’m Such A Time Waster
- National Mutt Day
- What Does Christmas Mean To You?
- Less Is More
- Christmas Gifts 2023
- Let’s Go Night Fishing
- Stars Really Did Fall On Alabama in 1833
- Something New To Try
- Sharing My World 11/28/2023
- Top Three Pet Peeves
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 48
- Ocean or Lake? Both, please!
- The Man I Knew
- My Instincts Are Rarely Wrong
- March Into Spring
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 47
- Put Me In A Gondola, Please
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 46
- Too Much Screen Time
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 45
- How to Change a Tire – You’re Welcome
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 44
- Mamma Mia, Let’s Workout
- I’m Not Through Exploring Earth
- Halloween Stories – Day 4 – Grandmother’s Teddy
- Halloween Stories – Day 3 – It Was Me!
- Halloween Stories – Day 2 – Zombie Denial
- Halloween Stories – Day 1 – Abandoned Asylum