We made it to day 31!! Let’s end it with a fun challenge. Today’s plough pose is a full body stretch. It is a relaxing pose to perform before bed. The plough pose can be difficult and it takes time to perfect. But if you consistently practice it you will find your flexibility improving and you will get farther into the position. It definitely gets easier. Good luck!
To perform: Begin by lying on your back. You can place a pillow or folded blanket under your upper back of that is more comfortable. Take a deep breath. As you exhale, draw in your core pressing your back to the floor. Your arms should be flat beside you. Inhale and lift your legs up and over your head. Keep your chin up and place your hands on your back for support. Your hips should be over your shoulders. Stretch. The ultimate goal is to touch the floor with your toes but it may take practice to get to that point. Stay in this pose for a few seconds. Release your hands and slowly roll your body back down to the floor as you exhale.
Benefits of Plough Pose:
- Can release neck tension
- Reduces stress
- Stretches shoulders, spine, & hamstrings
- Reduces stress & fatigue
- Stimulates abdominal organs
31 yoga poses in 31 days. While there are many more, I felt that these were a good variety to focus on this month. Thanks for visiting. I hope you enjoyed learning some new poses that you can use in your wellness routine. The other 30 poses can be found by using the search bar at the bottom of the page. Take care!
Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Book Review: Duck Duck Danger
- Hey, Y’all, Baseball Is Awesome!
- The World Of Nursing Is Always Changing
- Say “No” & Refuse To Feel Guilty About It
- Three Skills That I Would Like To Possess
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 14
- Anything But Winter
- A Tree Spirit!
- I Can Be A Lot Sometimes
- The Best Compliment Ever!
- The Shadowy Figure
- Oh Glorious Travel
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 13
- Pretty Confident…Most Of The Time
- Anxiety. Stop Trying To Control Me!
- I Need To Lose Myself In Something This Weekend
- I Never Get Tired Of These
- A to Z Challenge-Theme Reveal
- Campaign 6 — Wake Up, Make Up, & Go
- Wordless Wednesday
- A to Z Blogging Challenge in April
- Why Are You Still Here?
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 12
- Yesterday Was Weird
- The Dreaded Question
- To Right A Wrong
- Failure Is My Teacher
- The First Sentence Of My Autobiography
I appreciate how you break down the poses. I am a newbie and this helps me to understand them better.