Welcome to day 30 of 31! Today we are doing a dolphin pose. It resembles a push-up but is done with your forearms flat on your mat. This pose is an easier plank for those with carpal tunnel or other wrist issues.
To perform: Begin by lying on your stomach. Rise up keeping your elbows under your shoulders and shoulder width apart. Your palms should be face down on your mat with fingers spread. Tuck your toes as you form a straight line with your body. Tighten your core as you draw your belly up toward your spine, but keep your bottom in line. Hold this pose for 30 seconds then gently lower yourself to the floor.
Benefits of Dolphin Plank Pose:
- Strengthens arms, legs, & core muscles
- Improves posture
- Stretches shoulders, feet, hamstrings, & calves
- Calms stress & depression
- Builds endurance and focus
Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you come back soon! Go to the search bar at the bottom of the page and type “yoga” to view other poses in this series.
Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- My 5 Things
- I’m Such A Time Waster
- National Mutt Day
- What Does Christmas Mean To You?
- Less Is More
- Christmas Gifts 2023
- Let’s Go Night Fishing
- Stars Really Did Fall On Alabama in 1833
- Something New To Try
- Sharing My World 11/28/2023
- Top Three Pet Peeves
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 48
- Ocean or Lake? Both, please!
- The Man I Knew
- My Instincts Are Rarely Wrong
- March Into Spring
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 47
- Put Me In A Gondola, Please
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 46
- Too Much Screen Time
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 45
- How to Change a Tire – You’re Welcome
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 44
- Mamma Mia, Let’s Workout
- I’m Not Through Exploring Earth
- Halloween Stories – Day 4 – Grandmother’s Teddy
- Halloween Stories – Day 3 – It Was Me!
- Halloween Stories – Day 2 – Zombie Denial
- Halloween Stories – Day 1 – Abandoned Asylum