Welcome to day 30 of 31! Today we are doing a dolphin pose. It resembles a push-up but is done with your forearms flat on your mat. This pose is an easier plank for those with carpal tunnel or other wrist issues.
To perform: Begin by lying on your stomach. Rise up keeping your elbows under your shoulders and shoulder width apart. Your palms should be face down on your mat with fingers spread. Tuck your toes as you form a straight line with your body. Tighten your core as you draw your belly up toward your spine, but keep your bottom in line. Hold this pose for 30 seconds then gently lower yourself to the floor.
Benefits of Dolphin Plank Pose:
- Strengthens arms, legs, & core muscles
- Improves posture
- Stretches shoulders, feet, hamstrings, & calves
- Calms stress & depression
- Builds endurance and focus
Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you come back soon! Go to the search bar at the bottom of the page and type “yoga” to view other poses in this series.
Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Bloganuary – I’m Still Learning
- Bloganuary – Let Them Eat Cake
- Bloganuary – I’ll Get Around To It
- Bloganuary – Hola, Buenos Dias
- Bloganuary – Survive
- Bloganuary – How I Show Love
- Bloganuary – Liar, Liar
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 4
- Bloganuary – I Like My Adult Dreams More
- Bloganuary – To Read Is To Live
- Bloganuary – Oh That Pesky Floor
- Bloganuary – I’d Be Orange
- Bloganuary – Mexican Stuffed Shells? Yes, Please.
- Laurel Falls Hike
- Bloganuary – Happy Day
- Bloganuary – Smells Like the 80s
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 3
- Bloganuary – Faith Over Fear
- Puzzle Me This
- Bloganuary – Merrily Traveling Along
- Bloganuary – Hello World!
- My Care Bear
- Monochrome Madness – Zamioculcas
- If Joshua could win the battle of Jericho, surely I can win my battle with laundry…
- Bloganuary – Success in 3 Steps
- Bloganuary – Books, How Do I Love Thee
- Bloganuary – An Unforgettable Gift
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 2
- Bloganuary – Family History