Welcome to day 29! Woot-Woot. Today we will learn the Extended Side Angle Pose. This pose stretches the sides and helps with flexibility. It’s also a little break after yesterday’s boat pose.
To perform: Begin in mountain pose. Exhale. Put your left foot towards the back of the mat. Keep your front foot near the top. Extend your arms out horizontally, palms down. Turn your right heel toward the center of your mat. Bend your right knee forming a right angle with your thigh parallel to the floor. Put your right arm on your right thigh, palm up facing the ceiling. A yoga block can be used under the hand if it is more comfortable. Keep shoulder up and engage abdominals. Raise your left arm up extending it over the ear. Open your chest. Align your left shoulder over your right shoulder. Look up at your left hand. Inhale and extend arms wide. Hold for 30 seconds. Slowly return to mountain pose. Repeat on other side.
Benefits of Extended Side Angle Pose:
- Joint flexibility
- Strengthens legs
- Reduces back pain
- Opens chest & shoulders
- Improves sciatia
- Tones muscles
Thanks again for joining me in this challenge. For other poses click the search bar and type “yoga”. ⬇
Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- The World Of Nursing Is Always Changing
- Say “No” & Refuse To Feel Guilty About It
- Three Skills That I Would Like To Possess
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 14
- Anything But Winter
- A Tree Spirit!
- I Can Be A Lot Sometimes
- The Best Compliment Ever!
- The Shadowy Figure
- Oh Glorious Travel
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 13
- Pretty Confident…Most Of The Time
- Anxiety. Stop Trying To Control Me!
- I Need To Lose Myself In Something This Weekend
- I Never Get Tired Of These
- A to Z Challenge-Theme Reveal
- Campaign 6 — Wake Up, Make Up, & Go
- Wordless Wednesday
- A to Z Blogging Challenge in April
- Why Are You Still Here?
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 12
- Yesterday Was Weird
- The Dreaded Question
- To Right A Wrong
- Failure Is My Teacher
- The First Sentence Of My Autobiography
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 11