Welcome to day 24. Today we will learn the pigeon pose which is an excellent one to stretch your lower back and hips. This is a good pose if you sit for long periods. Don’t attempt this pose if you have back, hip, or knee pain, or if you are pregnant.
To perform: Start in downward facing dog pose. Bend your right knee bringing that leg forward into a lunge but put your knee down instead of your foot. Your right shin may angle back towards the left hip or can be parallel to the front of your mat. Relax your left knee on your mat. Your left leg should be flat on the floor with your left foot pointing straight back. Place a pillow under your hip as necessary to make the pose more comfortable. Bend forward as it is comfortable. Breathe slowly and deeply. Hold pose for 30 seconds as you are able. Repeat on other side.
Benefits of Pigeon Pose:
- Opens hip joints
- Stretches thighs & glutes
- Improves posture
- Stimulates internal organs
- Eases back & sciatic pain
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. There are only 7 more poses to go! They get more challenging so stretch up and get ready. 😁 Links to the previous poses can be found by typing “yoga” in the search bar below. ⬇
Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Bloganuary – I’m Still Learning
- Bloganuary – Let Them Eat Cake
- Bloganuary – I’ll Get Around To It
- Bloganuary – Hola, Buenos Dias
- Bloganuary – Survive
- Bloganuary – How I Show Love
- Bloganuary – Liar, Liar
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 4
- Bloganuary – I Like My Adult Dreams More
- Bloganuary – To Read Is To Live
- Bloganuary – Oh That Pesky Floor
- Bloganuary – I’d Be Orange
- Bloganuary – Mexican Stuffed Shells? Yes, Please.
- Laurel Falls Hike
- Bloganuary – Happy Day
- Bloganuary – Smells Like the 80s
- Fabulous Female Quotes – Week 3
- Bloganuary – Faith Over Fear
- Puzzle Me This
- Bloganuary – Merrily Traveling Along
- Bloganuary – Hello World!
- My Care Bear
- Monochrome Madness – Zamioculcas